1. Get a good night's sleep - Adults need 6 1/2 to 8 hours of quality sleep in order for the body and brain to be ready for the new day and function at their best.
2. Set your alarm so that you arise with plenty of time to take care of everything without feeling rushed. If you are a morning person and enjoy the peace of sipping coffee and watching the news in your robe, be sure to include enough time. Putting yourself first by listening to your body and mind that prefers warming up to morning will help you set a positive tone for the day. Be sure that you still have time to take care of any morning chores without feeling pressured.
3. Enjoy a refreshing shower or bath to warm up your body, get the stiffness out and feel invigorated to start the day.
4. Plan what you intend to wear the night before so you find yourself getting frustrated trying to decide what to wear or find what you preferred isn't clean. There is still time to take care of most any problem if you do this the night before.
5. Plan your breakfast to include a well balanced diet including protein, fruit or fruit juice and a carbohydrate rich in fiber. This will give you the steady energy source and avoid the spikes and drops that leave us feeling exhausted and weak.